The Wuhan Virus Cases has been rising over the past few weeks. To date, the Wuhan virus in Singapore has confirmed at 45 cases, and globally, it has reached a high statistics of 40,000 cases and beyond. Hence, it is important to maintain optimal personal hygiene at all times as part of the Wuhan Virus precautions.
Maintaining hand hygiene by engaging diligent hand washing with hand soap dispensers and regular use of hand sanitisers is one way of protecting yourself from viruses such as the Wuhan coronavirus. Secondly, surface sanitation such as sanitising toilet seats with toilet seat cleaner, can help eliminating bacteria that causes disease transmission such as E. Coli and Salmonella. Finally, air quality is as critical in terms of protecting yourself and family.
Implications of poor air quality in an environment
Besides germs, bacteria and viruses around the air, there is also dust and allergens that mingles around. Above all, it potentially affects our health and safety. In summary, poor air quality or presence of indoor air pollution can cause potential health hazards such as
- Respiratory tract illnesses including coughing and runny nose
- Allergies and infection
- Nose, eye and throat irritation
- Potential asthma
- Sinus and Rhinitis
- In some cases, nausea and dizziness
Reasons for presence of compromised air quality
Some reasons on how an indoor space gets compromised in terms of air quality includes the ventilation condition, presence of contaminants, are there users whom are sick, the humidity level and activity taking place, for instance, painting and photocopying.
Some common contaminants include
- Volatile organic compounds (smell emitted from paint job, glue, printing smell from a copier)
- Gas, odour or toxic vapour
- Dust mites (carpeting, curtains, sofa, rugs)
- Fungi, mould and bacteria especially from moist and damp area
- Tobacco smoke
In fact, the acceptable range for indoor quality for total VOC range is at <9.69 and respirable PM10 is at <150. Is your home or office at a safe range?
Why is indoor air quality maintenance important?
Do you know, it is as more polluted indoors vs outdoors, with 2 to 5 times level higher in terms of indoor pollutants. Above all, we subject ourselves to health implications with the amount of time we spend at home or at our workplace. Here are some negative impact if we do not take care of air quality well.
- Trigger allergy or sinus that makes you feel sick
- Lethargy or compromised quality of lifestyle
- Reduced work efficiency and productivity
- Contracting bacteria and germs
- Falling ill such as Influenza or other harmful viruses
- Spending more in medical treatments
Adopting air sanitisation in your environment
You may consider air purification at high traffic or heavy interaction area such as the Initial InspireAir 72. In summary, it serves like an air purifier. In addition, it comes with four levels of filtration level.
- Primary filtration
- HEPA filtration
- Activated carbon VOC filtration
- Clean air sanitiser
It purifies the air you breathe and protect your health from PM 2.5, dust, allergen, and effectively remove germs and bacteria. Decomposes formaldehyde, VOC and improves the overall air quality and general well-being. Above all, to put size coverage into perspective, it treats space up to 6000 cubic feet and clean air delivery rate of 600 m cute per hour.
Difference between ready off-the-shelve retail units vs air purification service
|Off the shelve home use units||Air Purification for optimal use|
|Do not attach with clean air sanitiser||Clean air sanitiser cartridge for extra protection|
|Self-maintenance||Regular service and maintenance|
|DIY, Manual Read||Professional hygiene advice|
|Limited sanitation||Unit sanitation|
|Absence of VOC reading function||Real time VOC reading|
How to improve quality around your environment
- Ensure you have adequate ventilation in your home or work space
- Have evacuation and ventilation measures upon chemical or cleaning application
- Instead of printing, go digital. In addition, you can save papers as well!
- Install Initial air purification devices
- Regularly change the aircon filters
- Avoid smoking indoors
- Stay home when you are sick. In addition to put on a mask to prevent spreading of germs
- Consider surface sanitisation service
- Open the windows to promote positive air circulation
Exploring more on Initial’s new Air Purification technology
The InspireAir 72 circulates indoor air, removing particles as little as 0.3 microns in size and with real-time measurement of air quality. Some of the features and benefits include
- Safety: Approved with compliance of REACH, RoHS, RCM regulatory standards
- Efficacy: Comes with a HEPA filter and highly efficient clean air delivery rate. In addition, it removes about 95% of airborne pollutant
- Reliability: Effectively removes bacteria and fungi with air sanitiser cartridge to improve overall indoor air quality
- Peace of mind: Trained specialist to remove contaminated filer, clean and sanitise the filer, sensor and unit
Call Initial Singapore at 6347 8138 for an enhanced hygiene solution today.