Almost anyone has a favourite scent they would wear any time of the day and it’s more than merely something they wear when out, it’s also a fragrance they use to freshen up or mask an unwanted odour.
In the same manner, scents are also used to liven up a space, create a mood—whether it’s a romantic, luxurious, or an upbeat setting; and in some cases, to mimic the smell of an environment, for instance, a bakery, a garden or the ocean.
What can scenting do for businesses?
Olfaction or the sense of smell is the most primal of all the six senses, with humans capable of distinguishing thousands of unique smells. It has the ability to trigger as much as 75% of the emotions we generate every day.
It’s quite ironic, however, that while many are still oblivious to the power of scent, it has long been applied with success to marketing almost any products or services imaginable. Over the years, it has become an essential tool that has a greater impact on businesses than everything else combined.
Through scent marketing, businesses in retail, hotel, recreational, showrooms, and food and beverages industries are capable of adding dimension to their brand. They are able to engage customers better, shape their moods, evoke emotions, drive purchases as well as boost customer loyalty.
Here are some interesting facts about scent marketing in Singapore
While scent marketing is a common denominator among retail businesses, hotels, casinos, and in recreation settings.
There are many unexpected spaces that can also benefit from scenting
• Coffee shops and bakeries
• Lockers and changing rooms
• Meeting rooms and conference halls
• Events and exhibitions
• Waiting rooms
• Washrooms; and
Click here to find out various scent notes in the Scent Boutique
Why is scent marketing successful?
Scenting doesn’t merely make someone or a place smell more pleasant, they create memorable experiences among customers and at the same time, deliver tangible benefits to your business:
• It helps to boost sales – Because scent can trigger instant emotional reactions which can be very effective in boosting sales. One study shows that purchasing intent can increase to as much as 80% just by introducing scent into your store.
• It makes customers stay longer – Scents can also influence a customer to linger longer in a store and with that, they’ll be browsing through more products you offer. In a similar study, subjects looked around longer in rooms that were scented compared to their unscented counterpart.
• It improves brand image. In the same manner, scents also create a perception of quality both in your brand and your products. Good scents are helpful in letting customers remember you and also helps associate you with the image you want for your brand: luxurious, sophistication or energetic to name a few.
Scenting solution for your business
Initial Singapore provides scenting solution to meet various business objectives. It can be a brand reinforcement purpose, control or manage odour challenges, psychological or emotional influences or even as a service differentiation.
Our specialists and professional team is equipped with extensive knowledge in performing a site survey, access the environment and air flow, while recommending scents that best suits your budget needs, business goals and brand persona.
Find out what scenting can do for businesses today, call us on (65) 6347 8138