There are various choices when comes to engaging a hygiene service company. In addition, some businesses resorts to DIY hygiene products for convenience and cost efficiency. There is a guide to designing and maintaining good washroom standards by the National Environment Agency (NEA). The guide suggests toilets to be equipped with paper dispensers, sanitary bin services, installing air fresheners and sanitisers fitted for urinals and W.C bowl.
Initial discusses essential considerations to consider when engaging a washroom solution suppliers, and in addition how to create the pleasant washroom experience.
- Types of washroom hygiene services
- Evaluate brand history and business credibility
- Speed of response and customer service
- List of washroom solutions and facilities offered
- Professionalism of specialist and team
- Technical expertise and innovation
- Initial best-selling hygiene solutions
- About Initial Hygiene
- 5 things you may not know about Initial Singapore
- Integrating your business needs with Pest Control services
Explore the different types of washroom services
DIY cleaning solutions and hygiene products
For some, costs and convenience might be one of the business criteria, and seeking DIY and off-the-shelve cleaning agents and hygiene facilities. This includes
- Stick on air freshener fragrance
- Refillable soap and off-the-shelve soap bottles
- Dust mats without sanitisation or maintenance service
- Placing a bag of moth balls in the washroom
- Recyclable hang towel or cloth
- Toilet detergents to cleanse urinal and W.C bowl
- Waste bin for sanitary napkin disposal
While it might save some costs, the implications and actual costs in not adopting adequate hygiene standards may bring health and safety challenges to the users and employees. Personal hygiene is important to protect yourself from transmitting bacteria, germs and viruses to one another. In summary, hand hygiene such as using proper hand soap dispensers and protecting further with hand sanitisers is essential, particularly at the current situation of COVID-19 spread in Singapore.
Cleaning and janitor services
Cleaning services covering washroom maintenance such as upkeep the cleanliness of the washroom and topping up refills and consumables is another option. These companies keep your washroom in tip-top and spic and span conditions. However, it may lack the professional hygiene-know-how and technical expertise in terms of optimising washroom hygiene standards.
Engaging facility maintenance management
One of the more professional and costly consideration in outsourcing your facility to a facility agent. Covering a broader scope of work, including in and out of the washroom, these companies deliver ease and convenience as a one-stop business service.
Hygiene and sanitation specialist
A more targeted and specialised service offer, these hygiene specialists provides specific washroom recommendations and offers quality hygiene facilities according to business needs and budget. Firstly, they perform site risk assessment and survey. Secondly, they examine environment and spaces such as traffic flow and air ventilation. Lastly, they consider business nature and operations.
5 essential questions to ask when choosing hygiene service company
Brand history and business credibility
Brand values, trust and credibility with proven track record on quality and reputable service provider is important. Washroom is a frequently used space and potentially subjected to image risks, it is important to engage a trustworthy hygiene service company who can deliver with quality, consistency and sustainable.
Speed of response
Think of a situation when toilet supplies run out. These are possible complaints raised by employees or patrons.
- Paper towel runs out, thus causing wet and slippery floor
- Lack of hand soaps for hand washing
- Unsightly and smelly sanitary bins with napkins littered over
- Bad smell washrooms especially during high traffic period
- Stained toilet bowls without toilet seat cleaner for sanitsation
Speed of response and adequate washroom supplies delivered by professional companies minimises these gaps from happening. Above all, prevent unnecessary complaints and social media consequences.
Range of hygiene services and facilities offered
Maintaining a wide range of hygiene services not only helps to cover adequate hygiene needs, but also gives the convenience of seeking 1 supplier for your washroom supply needs. Besides offering the following core hygiene services, out-of-washroom service is critical to provide a complete and integrated solution.
- Hand Soap Dispensers
- Hand Sanitisers
- Air Fresheners
- Urinal Sanitisers
- Toilet Seat Cleaner
- Toilet Paper and Paper Dispensers
Professionalism of the team
Some considerations and evaluations include firstly, if the team has undergone adequate training and coaching. Secondly are there health and safety policy and compliance in place. Thirdly, do they conduct any quality audit and control to ensure service consistency? Finally, is the team equipped with technical knowledge and expertise, product-know-how and technology to perform the work better?
Technical expertise and innovation
As we approach modernisation and digitalisation, some companies has utilised such technology to enhance customer experience. For example, performing bacteria swabs to test on bacteria count level, meter to evaluate air quality such as TVOC or PM 2.5 and online reporting platforms for ease of service tracking.
Initial recommended selling hygiene range
Did you know? There are more than 1 type of mat to address the various floor care needs. Besides trapping dirt and grime, or absorb water to prevent trips and falls, floor mats have specialise uses as well.
- Germguard mats: It contains high absorbent moisture capabilities especially for wet areas or greasy environment.
- Anti-Fatigue mats: These innovative mats actually helps to relieve leg pressure for prolong standing periods.
- Anti-Microbial mats: Mats are equipped with silver based and anti-microbial ingredients to reduce bacteria growth for safety purposes.: Mats are equipped with silver based and anti-microbial ingredients to reduce bacteria growth for safety purposes.
Auto-Hand Soap Dispensers
Cross contamination and surface contact has been a major concern lately, and Initial auto-hand soap dispenser helps to minimise contact for optimal hand hygiene. It also comes in foam soap consumables that delivers top quality outcome, and in fact, a journal research states washing hands with foam soap saves at least 16% less water compared to liquid soap.
For some may not know, but there are specialised and targeted units to dispose sanitary napkins correctly. Initial Feminine Hygiene Unit raises feminine hygiene standards by equipping with sensor technology to avoid contact with the unit that might be unhygienic. Unit contains scented liners to prevent unpleasant odour and smell emitting. Find out more why proper sanitary bins are essential in a business among ladies.
About Initial Hygiene
Initial Hygiene is a hygiene service provider in over 45 countries and trusted among various business sectors including hospitality, commercial, industrial and retail sectors. Initial, the experts in Hygiene, we are dedicated to taking care of our customers hygiene needs including both in and out of the washroom space. Above all, we collaborate with our business and raise service values by introducing eco-friendly solutions and educational support. Initial is also a member of Restroom Association Singapore.
5 things you may not know about Initial Singapore
- Initial offers scent marketing solutions with premium scenting services covering modern, welcoming and inviting scent choice. In summary, check out the floral and zesty scent notes in the Initial Scent Boutique.
- We provide advanced air care innovation with air purification units that works on 4 levels of filtration including the HEPA filter. In summary, it helps to reduce bacteria and viruses and improves air quality.
- Initial Singapore has the drainage service business that takes care of drainage system including grease trap interceptor and water pressure jetting.
- Washroom units comes in vibrant and refreshing colours too! Besides raising hygiene standards, Initial takes care of the aesthetics and image of washroom as well.
- Online reporting and account reviews are available online via the myInitial portal. This means, saving papers and the environment by going digital. In conclusion, customer experience is also enhanced with 24/7 available information, anytime anywhere.
Rentokil is the leading pest control specialist in Singapore with over 50 years of brand history and a recipient of numerous awards and”> accolades. Firstly, Rentokil engages innovation, technology and eco-friendly solutions to take care of customers’ health and safety. Secondly, comprising largest team of technicians island wide. Thirdly, Rentokil promotes professional and dedicated pest management with medical entomologists expert views. Some of the services include
- Mosquito control program
- Digital rodent control
- General pest for cockroaches and ant
- Insect light traps with energy savings
- Termite protection programme
- Bed Bug Enhanced treatment
Call Initial Singapore at 6347 8138 for a washroom hygiene services today.